NEW HELLENIC SHIPYARDS S.A.
New Hellenic Shipyards, Ship Repair, Engine Repair, Dry Dock Survey, Boat Building, Piraeus (Salamina), Greece
Since its foundation, Spanopoulos shipyard has developed major capabilities in dry docking, ship repair and conversion of ships. The company operates as an independent unit and pursues its own activities based on its particular qualifications, assets equipment and facilities.
Our fully equipped, 40,000 sq. m shipyard unit is located in Ampelakia on the island of Salamis Greece
Dock position / GPS Coordinates: 37º 57’ 13’’ N - 23º 33’ 06’’ E.
The yard is separated into two zones, of which the 20,000 sq. m A. Zone is used for the hauling - docking - servicing - staying of mega yachts-pleasure boats and the 18,000 sq. m B. Zone is used for building, converting, repairing and maintenance of vessels and any type of floating equipment, utilizing its 4 slipways of 2x24x170m and 2x12x150m length.
The shipyard facilities can accommodate 30 dry-dock mega yachts of various lengths, ranging from 35m to 70m, and approximately 25 moored boats. We may also provide a 4,000-ton floating dock of 64.60m width, 28.60m length, 3.60m height and 3.30m depth.
We own an ultra-modern, 820-ton Mobile Boat Hauler for the hauling of yachts - vessels that have maximum length 80m, as well as a 300-ton Mobile Boat Trolley for the transport of the vessels inside the shipyard. Both pieces of equipment are constructed by Cimolai Technology Spa and approved by Registro Italiano Navale (R.I.NA). Our 50-ton Mobile Boat Hauler is suitable for smaller vessels.
Our shipyard handles all shipbuilding & repair services, as well as upgrading of our clients’ fleets, under the guidance and supervision of our naval architects, mechanical engineers and technical department. The design office supports all technical aspects of the operation of the shipyard, particularly in respect to marine equipment.
|Our services are very broad ranging from basic maintenance to complete refit of yachts, using up to date technologies and processes, complete refurbishment, interior design - decoration, antifouling, engineering, several surface preparation techniques, full paint jobs, teak decking etc.
An array of Local Specialist subcontractors are cooperating with our technical experts monitoring all phases of project and ensuring conformity to specified standards. Aim is to provide the highest quality works and services in a timely and profitable manner handling the most demanding ship repair projects. Works can be carried out afloat on our slipways, on our hard standing area or dry-docked.
- Hauling, launching, dry docking, short –term stays and wintering
- Constructions, reconstructions, conversions, general repairs
- Repairs, renewals, placement of steel plates
- Hydro blasting, high-power water jetting (400 – 3000 Bar), sand blasting
- Painting, plastering, ornamental, surface treatment, steel-plate rust removal
- Piping, boiler, mechanical, electrical, engine and auxiliary machinery works
- Tail shafting and propeller works
- Replacement of zinc anodes
- Scaffolding, placement and removal
- Ultra modern administration building with two conference rooms and 1 multimedia seminar class room
- Technical support from our highly-specialized and trained officers (Naval Architects, Naval Mechanical Engineers, Safety technician, Safety Chemist), and from our approved subcontractors.
- Issue of Gas free Certificates
- Ultrasonic Thickness Measurements
- Fire-fighting line supply system
- Compressed air supply system
- Ventilation supply system
- Electric power supply system (380, 220, 110, 42, 24 V)
- Automatic CNC cutting tool guided by professional software program. Uses oxygen & acetylene, plasma for aluminum and other specific materias.
- Disc Cutter Machines
- Geared Head Milling and Drilling Machines
- Press Strojaren piesok Machines
- Bench Grinder
- Air compressors
- Welding Machines, etc.
- Containers for offices and stowage
- Potain Tower cranes of 20 tons
- Forklifts, Clark, man lift, cherry pickers, telescopic hydraulic cylinder, telescopic cranes, bob cat, trucks etc.
- ISO Box Offices
- Internal Office, meeting rooms, secretarial staff support
- Wireless Internet
- Close Circuit TV system
- Provision of internet password to yacht owners for visual access to yard environment in order to watch their yacht - work progress etc.
- Security Guard (on 24hrs basis)
- Warehouses for the storage of yacht's materials - spare parts etc.